The City of Maple Valley incorporated August 31, 1997. The City is 5.8 square miles, located east of Kent and Covington, and north of Black Diamond. Maple Valley is located about 30 minutes east of Seattle and Tacoma, equidistant from the water of Puget Sound and the landscapes of the Cascade Mountains. Maple Valley offers an extraordinary location to enjoy all that our region has to offer.
The City is served by the Tahoma School District, recognized for its excellence in educating children, excellent bus transportation, and aggressive pursuit of new opportunities for children. Academically, the Tahoma School District consistently scores much higher than most other Washington school districts. Tahoma High School is rated in the top 5% nationwide.
The District has one high school, one junior high school, two middle schools, four elementary schools, and a parent-partnered school.
The City of Maple Valley has also received several accolades including:
- "The 40 Safest Cities in Washington" 2015 – SafeWise
- "One of the 10 Best Towns for Families” 2011 – Family Circle Magazine
- "The Best Places to Raise Kids 2013" – Businessweek Magazine
- "Top 10 Hottest Suburbs in the U.S." 2013 – CBS MoneyWatch
- "Maple Valley is the #4 place in Washington for homeownership" 2014 – NerdWallet